International Department Activity
Development of internal carbon policy and strategy
Corporate management of greenhouse gases (GHG) emissionsis a component of ecological management and environmental policy of theenterprise. The fact that nowadays a number of the largest and known companies areactively engaged in carbon subject, namely development of the GHG emissionsreduction policy, greenhouse gases management, shows not only their concern in environmentalissues but also that the attention to the "greenhouse problem"becomes a serious factor of influence oneconomic indicators of companies, on production efficiency, on the cost ofthe share capital.
Heads of companies and investors have to comprehendwhat branches and companies are subject to carbonrisks in a greater degree, what measures could be undertaken for reductionof these risks and which of these measures are the most effective.
For implementation of the GHG emissionsmanagement system it is necessary:
- to accept the purposes of GHG emissions reductionand the plan of actions on achievement of these purposes
- to create the account and reporting system onGHG emissions
- to stimulate use of innovative, low-coststrategies on GHG emissions reduction
- to develop rules and procedures of GHG creditstrade at industrial, national and international levels.
Based on baggage of knowledge, technicalprofessionalism of experts and huge experience of work the Ural Center for Energy Efficiency and Environment is ready tomake an essential contribution to creationand development of carbon policy and strategy both at the level of theregion, and at the level of a separate enterprise.
The main directions ofwork are the following:
- Consulting of managers of enterprisesconcerning the strategy of transition to the "low-carbon economy",
- Commercial assessment of opportunities and threatsrelated to climate change,
- GHG emissions analysis and development of emissionmonitoring protocols,
- Creation, planning and implementation ofprograms of management of carbon assets,
- Computer analysis on the basis of referenceindicators, monitoring and determination of control values of volume of energyand carbon emissions,
- Search and assessment of projects on energyefficiency and renewable power sources,
- Development of policy on struggle against climatechange and support of sustainable power sources, the regulation effect analysis,
- Development of social policy and measures formaintenance of environment purity and ecological safety.
If you have questions you may contact our personnel responsible for this sphere of our activity:
Tel./Fax: +7 343 374-15-74, +7 343 374-15-76
|The Ural Centre for Energy Efficiency and Environment
Address: Mira St., 23, office 227, Yekaterinburg, Russia, 620049
Tel./Fax: +7 343 374-15-74, 374-15-76, 374-48-52, 374-16-42
Web-page: : http://www.ucee.ru/eng